This open technique of rhinoplasty employs a minor incision at the nasal base. This open approach is performed by making a vertical incision to reveal the bridge. After that, the tissue and skin are separated to expose the structure of the nose more clearly. In addition, external rhinoplasty can adjust a variety of shapes of the nose; it can increase the length of nose, decrease the size of the nose, straighten curved nose, and remove nasal hump. This open technique of rhinoplasty can use silicone with ears cartilage.
How to consider what type of your nose that suitable with open rhinoplasty?
- Nose is small and short (patients may be confused how to consider their own nose types. Doctor can help to analyze).
- Bone deformity
- Want to re-rhinoplasty
- Deformation because of filler injection before. Doctor has to scrape the filler
- The presence of nasal hump on the bridge, similar to the hump of camels
- Can adjust the shape of the nose in a more complete and perfect way, due to a clear exposure of the nasal structure
- Can correct the nasal tip for a natural and enhanced appearance, while prevent skin thinning or the risk of silicone extrusion
4 Reasons for Undergoing Rhinoplasty
Wide Nose Flat Nose Curved Nose Humped Nose
- Lower risk of bent or curved nose
- More complicated and longer surgical procedure than regular technique
- Longer period of swelling
The obtained results depend on each individual